Week 1: 30/03/11



I decided to set up shop in the computer area of the library. This is the most used area so the librarians suggested I would most likely meet people here. I decided to use this empty shelf as a display case.



I added lots of lovely wool to be used....


Some knitting and crochet books for inspiration...


And some photos and examples of work that I have made in the past to show people what I will up to.


During the day I chatted to Ian, a local artist, about the area and his ideas for regeneration and engagement. I talked to Amy, a quiller. I talked to Anna, one of the librarians, about her involvement with craft. I popped over to the community centre to visit the craft group and let them know what I was up to. It was great to be in Parson Cross and meeting local people at last!


I spent the day making pink crocheted flowers to be installed on the street at some point. Ian had a go too.


After school a group of young people joined in and had a go at finger knitting.