Week 4: 27/04/11

This week I started working on my strip for the Parson Cross collaborative tree cosy. In the morning I was joined by Christine who started knitting a green strip in stockinette stitch. Christine is going to come back next week to continue her piece. I talked to some members of the Parson Cross library book club who are from the University of the Third Age, a couple of whom are going to come along in the next few weeks to join in the knitting. It will be interesting to hear more about the U3A.





At lunchtime I went to meet Ian at the old college site to have a look at some of the new graffiti that has gone up in the last week. At the weekend Sheffield graffiti artists Faunagraphic and Rocket01 did an amazing collaborative wall with a French artist joining them. Also painted lamppost have appeared this week with gorgeous lace print patterns and gold stenciled cats and stars. Exciting happenings!







Whilst at the ground I put 3 pompoms from last week up in a bush. I will check back next week to see how they have faired. The willow tree flowers are still going strong.





In the afternoon I chatted to some of the children from St Thomas More primary school who come in for story time about the pompom tree. Having the pompom tree on the table is proving a great talking point for young and old alike. After that I was joined by Courtney, Shannon, and three other girls who go to Yewlands and Chaucer schools. Courtney has been doing finger knitting at school following on from the work we did in the first week which I was really pleased to hear. She also told me that she knows a few others at school who are interested in knitting. The girls all made a few pompoms and the tree is starting to look really good.