week 2: 06/04/11

Today I set about fixing up my giant daffodils to be installed in the window of the library. In the morning I was joined by Winnie and Tina who I had met last week at the craft group in the St Thomas More community centre. Winnie started knitting strips to be used in the Parson Cross lamppost cosy, an ongoing collaborative piece. Tina worked on a scarf that she is making. We sat and knitted and chatted about life in Parson Cross and how it has changed over the years.

At lunchtime I went on a walk with Ian around the area. We again talked about how the area has changed and what life is like there. We installed five graffiti knit blossoms in a willow tree on the old abandoned college site. It will be interesting to see what happens to them!




After lunch I installed the daffodils in the window. This went really well and created a great deal of interest from passers by and library goers. I think the daffs look great in their new home!